We're a community of marketers inspiring curiosity, debate and connection. We eat too many cookies at our meetings and enjoy hanging out in bars and wearing ugly holiday sweaters. But our meetings are a little quieter and a little sadder these days, because we're lacking a Membership Chair. That's where you come in! If you're interested in getting more involved in our community, please contact presid[email protected] to learn more.
Description of Position
The Membership Chair is a key component of the Chapter Board. This is a great opportunity to become more involved with the AMA and meet other local marketing professionals. Responsibilities include organizing and conducting a member recruitment and retention program for our chapter. Updating our online system when new members join. Membership also assists the Board in identifying Chapter members who would like to volunteer and in determining their interest areas.
Est. 5-10 hours per month
- Select a committee with the size and structure necessary for the responsibilities of the position
- Know AMA membership procedures and materials
- New members- Welcome new members immediately after they join.
- Provide Board with current member information
- Follow up on meeting event attendees as prospective members
- Lead in development of a strategic membership plan with measurable goals and results for; recruitment to meet membership goals and to increase membership retention
- Implement the membership plan
Specific Monthly Responsibilities
- Attend a minimum of 2 Chapter monthly events to include regularly scheduled Board meetings and speaker series presentations.
- Prepare and submit monthly Membership Report to the Board.
- Update Chapter membership database weekly.