2014 Excellence in Marketing Awards (EMMAs)
The Excellence in Marketing Awards (EMMAs) is the Central Virginia American Marketing Association's annual signature competition. The competition recognizes and celebrates the work of marketing professionals, including businesses, non-profits, advertising agencies, consultants, and freelancers in the Central Virginia region.
HOW TO ENTER!
Step 1 – Read the rules!
Read the 2014 EMMA Rules for Entry (below) carefully – you don’t want to inadvertently disqualify your entry! Here’s a brief overview:
- Entries must be submitted by March 5, 2014.
- Eligible campaigns must have been executed between March 2013 - February 2014.
- All entries must be unique, first time campaigns.
- Entrants must have a primary office in the Central VA region. (If the work was contracted, this rule applies for both the cilent and the agency.)
- Entries require at least one print sample
Step 2 – Complete an Entry Cover Page for each submission
Download the 2014 EMMA’s Entry Cover Page (PDF) and complete it for your submission – we need to know who you are!
Step 3 – Complete the Entry Form:
- Cross-Media – for campaigns with 2+ mediums
- Print Collateral – for print-oriented campaigns, including direct mail, brochures, etc.
- Logo Identity
- Digital Marketing – for digital-oriented campaigns including components such as emails, search + display, social media, online videos, etc.
- Broadcast – for campaigns in which the primary vehicle of distribution is traditional video and radio channels
The CVAAMA Board retains the right to recategorize entries as necessary. Entrants will be notified of any such changes.
Step 4 – Attach samples as required according to the entry form.
In addition to relevant attachments for each category, all entries require at least one print sample for display at the 2014 EMMAs Gala. Please plan to mail that sample with your entry or drop it off ont he designated submission day. Download the 2014 Entry Write-Up Instructions (PDF) for more information.
Step 5 – Submit your entry!
Payment is due with entry submission; cost per entry for AMA Members is $50 and $100 for Non-Members. Please indicate payment method on the Entry Cover Page. We accept cash, check, or credit card (VISA, MasterCard, Discover). Entrants dropping off their entries on the designated submission day may opt to pay via credit card in person.
2014 EMMAs Entry
c/o Larry Miles, CVAAMA President
550 N Commerce Avenue
Waynesboro, VA 22980
Mail submissions must be postmarked no later than 3/5 and must be received by 3/19. CVAAMA is not responsible for any mail delays.
In-person drop off:
Wednesday, March 5, 2014 from 4-6pm
1035 Millmont St, Charlottesville, VA 22903
RULES FOR ENTRY
Work must have been completed between March 2013 through February 2014.
All entries must be unique, first time campaigns. Entries submitted from previous AMA award competitions may be eligible for entry if the project underwent substantial redesign or redevelopment during the 3/2013-2/2014 timeframe. Eligibility will be determined by a vote of the CVAAMA Board.
All work submitted must have been conceptualized and designed in the Central Virginia region.
Agencies may submit entries on behalf of client organizations. Both the client and the agency must have a primary office in the Central VA region.
As the judging process is blind, please refrain from submitting any branded entries, e.g., do not add your logo to the entry form. Avoid referring to your organization/agency by name within the entry form.
Multiple entries will be accepted; however, each will require a separate entry form and separate entry fee.
Any entries deemed to violate the Rules of Entry by the CVAAMA Board will be disqualified from the awards competition. Refunds may not be issued.
Judges evaluate the work based on the below criteria:
- Objective:The project, campaign, or program must have a clearly defined objective; e.g., new product introduction, marketing expansion, market share development, internal marketing, product sales, image advertising, public relations, or external/internal communications (educate/provide information).
- Strategy: The plan or strategy for meeting the objective must be clearly defined and well-executed. Target audiences should be described along with a strategic reasoning behind the work.
- Methodology: Implementation of the plan or strategy should reflect quality, creativity, user friendliness, economic use of resources, and effective production.
- Results: The entry should indicate how well the program objectives have been achieved. Results should be outlined using both quantitative measurements, e.g., sales numbers, leads generated, inquiries received, market share increase, client satisfaction surveys, etc., and qualitative statements.
Read our news announcement about the winners of the 2014 EMMAs. Read now >>
Please email Carmen Badinelli, 2014 EMMAs Chair, at [email protected].