Theme designed by Frogmore Designs.
2015 Excellence in Marketing Awards (EMMAs)
Enter the Awards
Before you get started, read the rules!
- Eligible campaigns must have been executed between March 2014- February 2015.
- All entries must be unique, first time campaigns.
- Clients and agencies must have a primary office in the Central VA region.
Step 1: Complete Entry Forms and Write-Ups
- Complete an entry cover page for each submission, as well as a payment information sheet for each applicant: Download the forms (pdf).
- Read the about the write-up requirements and juding rubric per category (pdf).
- Complete an entry write-up for each submission using the entry form template (doc).
AMA Members will be asked to pay $50 for their first entry and $30 for each additional entry. Non-Members will pay $75 for their first entry and $50 for each additional entry.
The EMMA categories are:
- Broadcast – for campaigns in which the primary vehicle of distribution is traditional video and radio channels
- Cross-Media – for campaigns with 2+ mediums
- NEW! Experiential Graphic Design - for tradeshow exhibits, display graphics, branded and themed environments, signage, retail design, permanent installations in the built and natural environments, etc.
(More info | Sponsored by Photoworks Group*)
- Logo Identity
- Online Marketing – for digital-oriented campaigns including components such as emails, search + display, social media, online videos, etc.
- Print Collateral – for print-oriented campaigns, including direct mail, brochures, etc.
(Sponsored by McClung Companies*)
You may enter as many categories and as many entries within a category as you like.
* Category sponsors will not be allowed to submit an entry for their sponsored category. Interested in sponsoring the EMMAs? Contact Larry Miles at [email protected]
Step 2: Prepare Your Samples & Presentation Board
Not only do our judges and gala attendees want to see physical samples, but we also need something to display at the awards gala. All submissions regardless of category must also include a 8.5"x11" mounted image that best represents your entry.
Please include files for any videos or radio commercials, as opposed to links to online platforms such as Vimeo, YouTube, or SoundCloud.
Step 3: Submit Your Entry & Samples by
April 15 APRIL 20 BY 5 PM
Drop-off entries must be received during working hours (M-F 9am to 5pm)* at either of the below locations. Mailed entries must be received at either location by the deadline.
50 W. Market St, M Floor, Harrisonburg, VA 22801
- or -
Paladin Media Group
673 Berkmar Court, Charlottesville, VA 22901
* EMMAs Chair Dan Fellows will be accepting entries at the Paladin offices on Saturday, April 18th, from noon to 4pm.
Step 4: Register for the Awards Gala
We're looking forward to celebrating you and your work at the awards gala event on May 19 at the Old Metropolitan Hall in Charlottesville. In addition to food, drinks, and fabulous company, gala attendees will be able to review the entries submitted by their peers in the regional marketing community. Student poster submissions will also be on display. Besides, if your entry wins you'll want someone present to accept your award (and the shiny trophy)!
About the Judges
The Washington DC chapter of the American Marketing Association will provide the panel of independent judges. The judges have had no direct or indirect involvement in the production of an entry, nor have they had a personal relationship with any member of an entry’s production staff.
Wendy Roan is a Principal at The Roan Group, a strategy consulting firm specializing in branding, loyalty, planning, and analytics. Prior, she held national sales and marketing roles at CIGNA, Community Health Charities National, and Proctor Financial Insurance Corporation. She heads Membership for the American Marketing Association DC Chapter board, AMA’s four largest chapter. Connect with Wendy on LinkedIn.
Shaw Skurnick is the Public Relations Director at Tysons Corner Meeting Center at Dulles University, an online education institution with physical board room, training classroom, semi-private offices, and desk area to rent out to working professionals. Connect with Shaw on LinkedIn.
Email questions to Dan Fellows, 2015 EMMA Awards Chair, at [email protected].
The awards ceremony was held on May 19. Event details >>